Product – A Discolor Remover3
Value proposition of Vanish v/s Competition7
Short-term Approach: 9
Long Term Strategy: 10
Merchandise – A Stain Removal
Vanish, a product of Reckitt Benckiser, is actually a global leader inside the fabric discolor removal item category. It is basically a detergent component. The product is usually facing tough competition with the regular detergents which in turn claim that also, they are stain removals and less expensive in cost. Vanish has to position by itself away from the typical detergents and wishes to show off points of difference as they are recharging more. [pic]
• Women several with core to higher family income
• Laundry firms (operating in department stores, in hospitals, resorts, restaurants, earning a living for sports golf clubs, etc)
Compact or Premium
• Surf Excel, Henko, Ariel (Surf Exceed + Ariel ~ 90%) • Rs. 75 per kg
• Henko White, Rin, Tide, Sun light
• Rs. 35-50 per kg.
• Nirma, Wheel, Ghadi, Check
• Rs. 18-22 per kg.
Seeing that, Vanish is competing upon Stain Removal, Rin and Tide would not be the direct rivals. Ariel and Surf Exceed capture 90% of the business of in particular competing on stain removing. So , we are able to fairly imagine these two would be the competing while using value proposition.
• ‘Surf' launched in the 50s: first in Indian detergent market • Surf Stand out launched in 1992
• Complete immigration from Search to Surf Excel Green in 2005 • High grade Segment: Marketplace Leader
• Positioned as very effective that has an stain: ‘Surf Excel Haifisch Na' • Less attempts in cleaning and decrease water usage • Concentrate on building manufacturer...